Table of Contents
This course teaches European dessert making, covering classics like tiramisu, fruit tart, mille-feuille, and panna cotta. Beginning with pastry fundamentals, students learn to work with ingredients like cream, sugar, chocolate, and fruit to create textures and flavors. Techniques like tempering chocolate, whipping cream, and intricate decorations are also included. Students end the course equipped to create elegant and delicious European desserts for any special occasion or dinner party.
- Lesson 1
- Lemon Posset with Hazelnut Short Bread and Mango Foam
- White Chocolate and Passion Fruit Dome with Rose Cream
- Lesson 2
- Mille Feuille Of Strawberry Parfait and Compote
- Yogurt Panna Cotta with Lemon Grass Foam
- Lesson 3
- Baked Alaska
Apple Tart Tartin with Home-made
- Rum and Raisin Ice Cream
- Baked Alaska
- Lesson 4
- Green Tea Tiramisu with Red Bean Foam
- Crêpes Suzette
- Lesson 5
- Dark Chocolate Soufflé with Cocoa Nibs Sherbet
- Brandy Poached Strawberry Crème Brulee with Vanilla Cream
- Lesson 6
- Raspberry Flavoured Chocolate Lava Cake
- Floating Island
- Lesson 7
- Rum Baba
- Peach Melba
- Lesson 8
- Fruity Pavlova Cup with Raspberry Sauce
- Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Foam and Almond Crisps
Having graduated from the University College of Birmingham with a degree in Culinary Art Management, Chef Eric Poon quickly put his skills to work, earning the privilege of working under Chef Gordon Ramsey as well as accumulating experience as a chef in various establishment here in Hong Kong. His deep specialization in Western cuisine and desserts has won him wide acclaim, granting him the distinction of being featured in several shows and media reports.
Students who achieve a minimum attendance of 75% may apply for “Attendance Certificate in European Desserts” Award will be issued within 3 months.
Kindly pay the initial deposit for the course as well as prepare the following items:
- Chef uniform set deposit - total $392 in cash (uniform - $300, apron - $50, big towel - $30, and chef hat - $12; non refundable)
- Two new kitchen clothes with different colors $12
- 6'' cake mould - $30
- Cake box $12
Valid payment methods and their instructions can be found here.
Make-up classes are allowed but are subject to: prior approval, validity of proof of absence and availability. In addition, make-up classes do not count as attendances.
Miscellaneous charges can be found here.
How to Enroll
You may download our enrollment form here or fill out our online application form.
The Academy reserves the right to adjust course arrangements, assessments and teaching methods. For further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.