European Sourdough Bread
Table of Contents
Medium of Instruction: English
Learn European sourdough bread making from scratch. You’ll study the history and cultural significance, types of flour, rising agents, and methods. Learn the science and create your culture. Explore different styles, shapes, toppings, and traditional baking techniques. Through this course, You’ll learn to bake basic and advanced recipes using traditional and modern equipment.
Native to Switzerland, Chef Heinz has over 35 years of experience in the culinary and pastry-making arts. After spending some years in his home country, he came to Hong Kong where has worked at several prominent 5 Star Hotels: Hilton, Furama, New World Harbourview, among others. Now, he teaches at the academy, where he shares his joy and passion in cooking to all his students.
Students who achieve a minimum attendance of 75% may apply for “Attendance Certificate in European Sourdough Bread”. Award will be issued within 3 months.
Schedules & Registration
A Few Things to Note:
- Theory content will be inserted during the class when there is a downtime.
- Several products will be done over two days.
- Some of the Sourdoughs will be done before the class to manage the time constraints.
- Small changes may be done if deemed necessary for a better flow.
- Late completion time might happen, as timing is a crucial factor in this class.
- Lesson 1
- Biga Sourdough
- Walnut Bread
- Sausage topped Bun
- Lesson 2
- Sourdough Bread
- Banana – Okara Muffin
- Lesson 3
- Sourdough Rye Bread
- Quiche Lorraine
- Lesson 4
- Pancetta Sourdough Bread
- Black Olive Ciabatta
- Lesson 5
- Baguettes Dough (autolyze)
- Black Cherry Crumble
- English Muffins
- Lesson 6
- Process / Bake Baguettes
- Lesson 7
- Pain a l’Ancienne (dough)
- Sourdough Carrot Cake
- Lesson 8
- Shortbiga Sunflower Seed Bread
- Sourdough Pizza
- Bake Pain a l’Ancienne
Kindly pay the initial deposit for the course as well as prepare the following items:
- Chef uniform set deposit – total $392 in cash (uniform – $300, apron – $50, big towel – $30, and chef hat – $12; non refundable)
- Two new kitchen clothes with different colors $12
Valid payment methods and their instructions can be found here.
Make-up classes are allowed but are subject to: prior approval, validity of proof of absence and availability. In addition, make-up classes do not count as attendances.
Miscellaneous charges can be found here.
How to Enroll
You may download our enrollment form here or click on the link below to begin enrollment.
The Academy reserves the right to adjust course arrangements, assessments and teaching methods. For further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.