Assured Certificate in Soy Bean Cookery (Eng)
Table of Contents
This program teaches potential students to use soybeans in their menus through hands-on instruction. They will learn to prepare soybeans as tofu, tempeh, and soy milk and explore the nutritional benefits. Students will learn how to plate and garnish soybean-based dishes while developing the skills to integrate soybeans into their menus for healthier, sustainable dining options. This program is a great resource for anyone in the hospitality industry looking to expand culinary skills with plant-based ingredients.
- Unit 1: Food safety in catering
- Unit 2: Health and safety awareness for catering and hospitality
- Unit 3: Introduction to kitchen equipment
- Unit 4: Prepare and cook food by boiling, poaching and steaming
- Unit 5: Prepare and cook food by stewing and braising
- Unit 6: Prepare and cook food by baking, roasting and grilling
- Unit 7: Prepare and cook food by deep frying and shallow frying
- Unit 8: Regeneration of pre-prepared food
- Unit 9: Cold food preparation
- Unit 10: Soy Bean Principle, Application and Development
- Unit 11: Final Assessment
Potential student's age must be greater than 13 years old and must have a height of at least 1.4 meters.
Final grading of this course is determined by the following factors:
- Practical assessment in the kitchen whose weight accounts for 50% of the final grade
- Written assessment in the classroom whose weight accounts for 50% of the final grade
Students who are able to pass the final assessment may apply for “Certificate in Soy Bean Cookery”. Award will be issued within 3 months.
How to Enroll
The Academy reserves the right to adjust course arrangements, assessments and teaching methods. For further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.