Basic French Cookery II
Table of Contents
By overwhelming popular demand from graduates of the Basic French Cookery course, the academy is honored to present the continuation – Basic French Cookery II. With Heinz Fischer helming the course, students are guaranteed to develop a deeper appreciation of French cuisine.
For students who have graduated from Basic French Cookery, it should be noted this course is open only once a year.
- Lesson 1
- Salade Lyonnaise
- Nouilles Provençale
- Lesson 2
- Mussel Soup “Germiny”
- Potato Gnocchi with Bacon + Gruyere
- Lesson 3
- Consommé Julienne
- Eggplant Mille Feuille, Red Bellpepper Sauce
- Lesson 4
- Layered Tomato with Goat cheese and Air-dried Beef
- Scallops + Champignon in Puff Pillow
- Lesson 5
- White Asparagus Veloute (Cream Soup)
- Cheese Souffle, Spinach Salad with Bacon Dressing
- Lesson 6
- Beetroot Confit, Pigeon Eggs on Mesclun
- Cordon Bleu, French Beans and Sable Potatoes
- Lesson 7
- Crespelle with Zucchini and Ricotta
- Lambchops on Mustard Sauce, Brussel Sprouts
- Lesson 8
- Buffalo Mozzarella with Pesto and Tomato Confit
- Beef Stroganoff, Rosemary Roasted Potatoes, Sour Cream
- Lesson 9
- Classic Lemon Tartlet, Strawberry Salsa
- Flamed Sabayon w/ Oranges on Almond Sponge
- Lesson 10
- Rhubarb Tart w/ Cinnamon Sauce, Vanilla Ice Cream
- Strawberry Soup, Lime Cream in Sesame Basket
Native to Switzerland, Chef Heinz has over 35 years of experience in the culinary and pastry-making arts. After spending some years in his home country, he came to Hong Kong where has worked at several prominent 5 Star Hotels: Hilton, Furama, New World Harbourview, among others. Now, he teaches at the academy, where he shares his joy and passion in cooking to all his students.
Students who achieve a minimum attendance of 75% may apply for “Attendance Certificate in Basic French Cookery II”. Award will be issued within 3 months.
HK$9,100 for new students. HK$7,100 for holders of the Basic French Cookery Certificate.
Kindly pay the initial deposit for the course as well as prepare the following items:
- Chef uniform set deposit – total $392 in cash (uniform – $300, apron – $50, big towel – $30, and chef hat – $12; non refundable)
- Two new kitchen clothes with different colors $12
Valid payment methods and their instructions can be found here.
Make-up classes are allowed but are subject to: prior approval, validity of proof of absence and availability. In addition, make-up classes do not count as attendances.
Miscellaneous charges can be found here.
How to Enroll
The Academy reserves the right to adjust course arrangements, assessments and teaching methods. For further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.