Diploma in Patisserie
>>Internship offers to suitable students
Course code: DP123Programme Duration:
- Module 1 : From 2021/06/21 to 2021/07/13, every Monday to Friday, 1:15pm~6:15pm, 12 lessons (06/21, 06/22, 06/23, 06/24, 06/25, 07/05, 07/06, 07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 07/12, 07/13)
- Module 2 : From 2021/07/14 to 2021/07/29, every Monday to Friday, 12:45pm~6:15pm, 12 lessons (07/14, 07/15, 07/16, 07/19, 07/20, 07/21, 07/22, 07/23, 07/26, 07/27, 07/28, 07/29)
- Module 3 : From 2021/08/02 to 2021/08/13, every Monday to Friday, 12:45pm~6:45pm, 10 lessons (08/02, 08/03, 08/04, 08/05, 08/06, 08/09, 08/10, 08/11, 08/12, 08/13)
- MODULE 1 : HK$14,500
- MODULE 2 : HK$15,000
- MODULE 3 : HK$16,500
- Miscellaneous Fee : HK$3,500 (Pay at Module 1) (Includes Chef Uniform x 1, Apron x 1, Big Towel x 1, Small Towel x 2, Chef Hat, Individual & Group Insurances, Notes & Ingredients)
- Application Fee : HK$200
- This course is designed for training the Asian and European the essential skills before entering into other institutions.
Module 1: Basic Patisserie (12 Lessons) Introduction to French Patisserie
- Basic dough -sable, tarte aus pommes
- French mini cake- Madeleine, Fiancier
- Genoise- different types of Gateau, Dacquoise
- Classical feuilletage -Pithiviers, Palmiers
- Pate a choux – St. Honore, eclair
- Introduction to yeast dough – danish and brioches
- Petite fours- Tuiles, Langues de chat
Module 2: Intermediate Patisserie (12 Lessons) Training of decorative skills – chocolate, caramel, nougatine
- Desserts and cakes – Opera, Dame Blanche, Feuille d’Autome
- Savory petits fours – Quiche, cheese straw
- Introduction to bread baking – Sour mix and starter
- Variation of cakes with bavarian cream & mousses
- Glaces- petits fours sec
- Introduction to chocolate : hand tempering & dipping
Module 3: Superior Patisserie (10 Lessons)
- Restaurant Dessert: Including Souffle, plated dessert, sauces, ice cream, sorbet and granite, holiday cakes, tarts and buches.
- Chocolate work : Tempering chocolate, hand-dipped & molded chocolates, chocolate truffle. Chocolate boxes and flowers, chocolate show pieces for different occasions.
- Sugar work: Techniques of cooking, coloring & pulling sugar Pulled sugar flowers & ribbons blown sugar- fruit and basket making
- Students will be arranged in different hotels or restaurants for a 3-month industrial training.
Maximum no: 16
- Module 1 and 2 is lectured by our experienced instructor, Hanny Chan. She will deliver according to Chef Anita Ko’s curriculum.
- Module 3 is lectured by our senior instructor, Chef Anita Ko.
- S.6 graduate; or Other candidates with combined equivalent education/ training/ experience to be assessed by an interview panel.
- Must complete MODULE 1 to enter MODULE 2 AND MODULE 3.
- An interview may be required for those who do NOT pass in DSE nor other relevant accredited qualifications in the People Republic of China or overseas institutions.
- Upon completion of all modules successfully, students will receive the “Diploma in Patisserie” from Hong Kong Culinary Academy. Award will be received within 3 months.
- Attendance: A minimum attendance of 90% per module is required.
- Maximum validity is 13 months.
- Futher studies: After the completion of the course, students are eligible to enrol into the Professional Diploma in Bakery and Pastry.
Hong Kong Culinary Academy
1/F, Block C, Cho Yiu Centre,
Cho Yiu Chuen,
6 King Cho Road,
Kwai Chung, Hong Kong
Monday – Friday (0900 – 2000), Saturday (0900 – 1600)
Sunday & public holidays (closed)
TEL: 2156 0612/2156 0610
FAX: 2529 6311