Diploma in Bakery & Pastry (Full-time)(One Semester)
Course code: STEAMPApplication Deadline: 31st May, 2021
- From 13th September to 17th December 2021
|Introduction to bakery and pastry|
|History of bakery and pastry cooking|
|Employing correct and safe techniques in the use of bakery tools and equipment|
|Different cooking methods in the production of baked goods|
|Performing basic decoration techniques|
|Demonstrating the concept of plated desserts|
|Employing quality control methods|
|Employing portion control methods|
|Maintaining a pastry kitchen workstation|
|Hygiene standards in the production of pastry items|
- Miscellaneous Fee : HK$2,000 (Includes Chef Uniform x 1, Apron x 1, Big Towel x 1, Small Towel x 2, Chef Hat, Individual & Group Insurances, Notes & Ingredients)
- Application Fee : HK$200
- Completion of Secondary 5 with grade E in HKCEE English (Syllabus B) or grade C in English (Syllabus A) or 4.5 in IELTS exam; or
- Completion of Secondary 6 with Level 2 in the HKDSE English Exam or 4.5 in IELTS exam; and
- Holder of Diploma for Tertiary Studies; or
- Holder of Yi Jin Diploma; or
- Holder of Pre-Associate Degree / Diploma; or
- Aged 21 or above with relevant year(s’) working experience in related industry(s); or
- Equivalent qualifications; and
- Pass in admission interview.
- The school has a team of professional European and American tutors to provide professional training for students.
- Upon completion of this module successfully, students will receive the “Diploma in Bakery & Pastry” from Hong Kong Culinary Academy.
- Achieve a minimum attendance of 90% is required.
- Achieve 50% or above in average in the module.
- Students can apply for the Diploma in Culinary Arts in semester 2 starting from 1st Mar to 3rd June 2022 and the fee is HK$41,500.
- Web Application Form or apply in person.
- Application Fee: HK$200
Hong Kong Culinary Academy
1/F & 2/F, Block C, Cho Yiu Centre,
Cho Yiu Chuen,
6 King Cho Road, Kwai Chung, Hong Kong
Monday – Friday (0900 – 2000), Saturday (0900 – 1600)
Sunday & public holidays (closed)
TEL: 2156 0612 / 2156 0610 FAX: 2529 6311