Basic French Cookery
- Train and share with Asian and European the joy of cooking French Cuisine.
- Basic cutting style, Chicken Stock
- Carrot Veloute
- Croque Tartine Parisienne
- Eggs Birdnest
- French Onion Soup
- Shrimp Bisque
- Quiche Lorraine, Arugula
- Salade Lyonnaise, Bacon & Egg
- Squid & Asparagus Salad, spicy Dressing
- Mushroom Risotto with Porcini and Chipolata
- Chicken Curry Veloute, Panfried Chicken Breast
- Sole Meuniere, Spinach and Chateau Potatoes
- Duck a l’Orange, Creole Rice
- Coq au Vin in Redwine, Potato Puree
- Beef Bourguinone, Egg Pasta
- Pork Scaloppine ‘Saltimbocca’, Ratatouille
- Salmon & Scallop Tartare, Baby Cucumber
- Banana Chocolate Pastry
- Black Cherry Clafoutis
- Crepe Suzette Flambe, Vanilla Ice Cream
Course Arrangement: 3 hours per lesson, total 10 lessons.
Make-up classes are allowed but subject to prior approval, validity of proof of absence and availability.
Make-up classes do not count as attendances.
Medium of Instruction: English
Maximum no: 16
- Chef Teacher Heinz Fischer
Over 45 years in the Culinary and Pastry experience. Born and certified as a Chef and Pastry Chef in Switzerland . After working in Switzerland – City, Lakeside and Mountains – Guernsey C.I., Bermuda, in the Carribbean on a Cruiseship, he came to Hong Kong to work for several 5 Star Hotels: Hilton, Furama, New World Harbourview.
Chef Fischer has been teaching with the academy ever since, he wishes to share his joy and passion to all students who are interested in the Culinary or Pastry field.
- Students who achieve a minimum attendance of 75% may apply for “Attendance Certificate in Basic French Cookery”. Award will be issued within 3 months.
Hong Kong Culinary Academy
1/F, Block C, Cho Yiu Centre,
Cho Yiu Chuen,
6 King Cho Road,
Kwai Chung, Hong Kong
Monday – Friday (0900 – 2000), Saturday (0900 – 1600)
Sunday & public holidays (closed)
TEL: 2156 0612/2156 0610
FAX: 2529 6311