Basic Spanish Cookery
- Join our chef Jamie Foy as he will introduce you to basic Spanish cookery.
We will focus on dishes from different regions in Spain using authentic Spanish ingredients such as Iberico ham, chorizo sausage, saffron, sherry and baby suckling pig. Over the 6 weeks you will learn the fundamentals of Spanish cooking and cook iconic Spanish dishes such as Paella, Tortilla De Patata, Pinchos, Gambas Al Ajillo & Gazpacho.
- TORTILLA DE PATATA – Spanish omelette
- PINCHOS – Crispy bread with various toppings
- ESCALIBADA – Slow roasted Vegetables
- EMPANADA – Pastry filled with red pepper and chorizo
- QUESO BLANCO – White cheese & green chilli sauce
- GAMBAS AL AJILLO – Garlic prawns
- CROQUETAS DE JAMON – Iberican ham croquettes
- ROMESCO – Roasted pepper and tomato sauce
- PAELLA – Baked seafood rice dish
- PATATAS BRAVAS – Spicy Potatoes
- COCHINILLO ASADO – Roasted suckling pig
- PISTO – Spanish Vegetable Stew
- GAZPACHO – Andalusian tomato soup
- ALBONDIGAS – Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- PICADA – Almond, Garlic and parsley sauce
- LENTEJAS CON CHORIZO – Pork, chorizo and lentil stew
- ARROZ NEGRO CON SEPIA – Black rice with cuttlefish
- ALIOLI – Garlic Creamy sauce
Course Arrangement: 3 hours per lesson, total 6 lessons.
Medium of Instruction: English
Maximum no: 16 (will dvided by groups of two people.)
Instructor: Jamie Foy
This course do not provide make-up classes.
- Students who achieve a minimum attendance of 75% may apply for “Attendance Certificate in Basic Spanish Cookery”.
Award will be issued within 3 months.
Hong Kong Culinary Academy
1/F, Block C, Cho Yiu Centre,
Cho Yiu Chuen,
6 King Cho Road,
Kwai Chung, Hong Kong
Monday – Friday (0900 – 2000), Saturday (0900 – 1600)
Sunday & public holidays (closed)
TEL: 2156 0612/2156 0610
FAX: 2529 6311