Italian Vegan Cooking & Presentation
- HK$6,300 (Apply and Paid on or before 31th August, 23:59)
HK$6,900 (Apply since 1st September, 00:00)
The recipes are divided as they are traditionally in Italy: antipasti (starters), primi (first courses), secondi (second courses), piatti unici (main courses) and dolci (desserts).
Antipasti are small dishes which should stimulate the appetite. Primi are pasta or rice dishes that precede secondi. Secondi are dishes based on meat or fish (in this course they are all replaced with vegan variations). Piatti unici are dishes served as a main course and are not usually preceded by a primo or secondo. Finally, dolci are the desserts.
In this course, each dish will be plated using different plating techniques. With an understanding of the food presentation formulas that works, you will be able to create beautifully – presented dishes.
BENVENUTO – Warm Up
- Culinary techniques: Pizza Dough.
- Plating technique introduction: (1) Rules of presentation (2) Choice of plates (3) Equipment
- Ricette Basi : Vegan Mozzarela (meltable)
1. Pizza Bianca di Patate e Tartuffo – White pizza with potatoes, mushrroms and truffle infused oil
2. Pizza Marguerita or free-style
- Culinary techniques: Knife skills. Stock.
- Plating Technique (1)infused oil (2) cold spherification (3) vegetable cutting garnishes
- Ricette Basi : Vegetable Stock, Creamy vegan ricotta
Bruschetta Pomodoro e Ricotta – Crunchy Bread with Tomatoes and Ricotta
Caponata di Melanzane – Roasted Aubergine on Crispy bread
Trifolata di Funghi – Sauteed Mushrooms on Crispy bread
- Culinary techniques: Pasta. Sauces.
- Plating Technique (1) Purees and strips
- Ricette Basi: Vegan Pasta, Vegan Parmesan, Vegan “bacon”, Cream cheese (savoury)
Spaghetti alla Carbonara- Spaghetti Carbonara
Ravioli di Zucca – Pumpkin Ravioli with Spinach and Cream-Cheese Filling
Spaghetti alla Bolognese – Spaghetti with Bolognese Sauce
- Culinary techniques: sauces – cold emulsion. Plating Technique.
- (1) Foams (2) Bread Croutes
- Ricette Basi: Seitan, vegan mayonnaise, Tomato sauce
“Vitello” Tonnato – Thinly Sliced Roast with “Tuna” Sauce
Polpettone alla Pomodori – Tofu-Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
Bastoncini di Pesce Fritto – Fried “Fish” Sticks with Garlicnnayse.
- Culinary Techniques: Rice.
- Plating techniques. (1) Basquets (2) leaf garnishes
- Ricette Basi: Vegan Mozzarela (non – meltable)
Risotto alla Milanese – Saffron Risotto
Arancine – Rice Balls filled with Mozzarella and Tomato Sauce
Capunet – Spinach Gnocchi with Fried Sage and Parmesan
- Culinary Techniques: Desserts – Custards, Fruits.
- Plating techniques. (1) tuille (2) edible flowers
- Ricette Basi: Plant-based Cream Cheese (sweet)
- Coppa ai Piccoli Frutti – Cream-Cheese and Berries Dessert
Gelato al Basilico – Basil Ice-Cream
Course Arrangement: 3 hours per lesson, total 6 lessons.
Medium of Instruction: English
Maximum no: 12
** This course do not provide make-up classes.
- Students who achieve a minimum attendance of 75% may apply for “Attendance Certificate in Basic Italian Cookery”. Award will be issued within 3 months.
Hong Kong Culinary Academy
1/F, Block C, Cho Yiu Centre,
Cho Yiu Chuen,
6 King Cho Road,
Kwai Chung, Hong Kong
Monday – Friday (0900 – 2000), Saturday (0900 – 1600)
Sunday & public holidays (closed)
TEL: 2156 0612/2156 0610
FAX: 2529 6311