WSET Level 2 Intermediate Wine Knowledge
Under the law of Hong Kong, intoxicating liquor must not be sold or supplied to a minor in the course of business.
- HK $5,700
- (Including WSET exam and teaching materials)
Aims & Objectives:
This course is organized by Penasia School of Continuing Education. Please apply by clicking link below. Thank you.
Penasia School of Continuing Education – WSET INTERMEDIATE WINE (SHORT COURSE)
Student can develop intermediate wine areas and tasting techniques.
Review of Basic Wine
Types of grapes
Styles of wine
- Lesson 1 : (1) Factors of impacting wine styles (2) Labels & Terminology
- Lesson 2 : Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot
- Lesson 3 : Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Noir
- Lesson 4 : Syrah/Shiraz, Grenache, Australian Merlot
- Lesson 5 : Italy, Spain, Portugal, Fortified Wines & Spirits
- Lesson 6 : Sparkling Wines/Sweet Wines
- Revision (1 Hour), WSET Exam: Level 2 Intermediate
Medium of Instruction: Cantonese (supplement with English and French terminology)
Maximum no. 16
- Mr. Wong will teach student how to taste wine. Mr. Wong has more than 20 years experiences on culinary and red/white wines.
- WSET Foundation
- Level 2 Intermediate Certificate
Requirments: Studied “Basic Wine Knowledge”
- “Attendance Certificate in Intermediate Wine Knowledge” (Attendance: 75% or above) Award will be received within 3 months.
Hong Kong Culinary Academy
1/F, Block C, Cho Yiu Centre,
Cho Yiu Chuen,
6 King Cho Road,
Kwai Chung, Hong Kong
Monday – Friday (0900 – 2000), Saturday (0900 – 1600)
Sunday & public holidays (closed)
TEL: 2156 0612/2156 0610
FAX: 3747 7844