Summer Diploma in Patisserie
Course code: PSCE – DP123Programme Duration:
- Module 1 : From 2021/08/16 to 2021/08/31, every Monday to Friday, 1:15pm~6:15pm, 12 lessons (08/16, 08/17, 08/18, 08/19, 08/20, 08/23, 08/24, 08/25, 08/26, 08/27, 08/30, 08/31)
- Module 2 : From 2021/09/01 to 2021/09/20, every Monday to Friday, 12:45pm~6:15pm, 12 lessons (09/01, 09/02, 09/03, 09/06, 09/07, 09/08, 09/09, 09/10, 09/13, 09/16, 09/17, 09/20)
- Module 3 : From 2021/09/23 to 2021/10/07, every Monday to Friday, 12:45pm~6:45pm, 10 lessons (09/23, 09/24, 09/27, 09/28, 09/29, 09/30, 10/04, 10/05, 10/06, 10/07)
- MODULE 1 : HK$14,500
- MODULE 2 : HK$15,000
- MODULE 3 : HK$16,500
- This course is designed for training the Asian and European the essentials skills before entering into other institution.
Module 1: Basic Patisserie Course (12 Lessons) Introduction to French Patisserie
- Basic dough -sable, tarte aus pommes
- French mini cake- Madeleine, Fiancier
- Genoise- different types of Gateau, Dacquoise
- Classical feuilletage -Pithiviers, Palmiers
- Pate a choux – St. Honore, eclair
- Introduction to yeast dough – croissants and brioches
- Petite fours- Tuiles, Langues de chat
Module 2: Intermediate Patisserie (12 Lessons) Training of decorative skills – chocolate, caramel, nougatine
- Desserts and cakes – Opera, Dame Blanche, Feuille d’Autome
- Savory petits fours – Quiche, cheese straw
- Introduction to bread baking – Sour mix and starter
- Variation of cakes with bavarian cream & mousses
- Glaces- petits fours sec
- Introduction to chocolate : hand tempering & dipping
Module 3: Superior Patisserie (10 Lessons)
- Restaurant Dessert: Including Souffle, plated dessert, sauces, ice cream, sorbet and granite, holiday cakes, tarts and buches.
- Chocolate work : Tempering chocolate, hand-dipped & molded chocolates, chocolate truffle. Chocolate boxes and flowers, chocolate show pieces for different occasions.
- Sugar work: Techniques of cooking, coloring & pulling sugar Pulled sugar flowers & ribbons blown sugar- fruit and basket making
- Module 1 and 2 is lectured by our experienced instructor, Hanny Chan. She will deliver according to Chef Anita Ko’s curriculum.
- Module 3 is lectured by our senior main instructor, Chef Anita Ko. She will also ensure Module 1 is delivered according to her curriculum.
- S.6 graduate; or Other candidates with combined equivalent education/ training/ experience to be assessed by an interview panel.
- Must complete MODULE 1 to enter MODULE 2 OR MODULE 3.
- An individual interview may be required for those who do NOT pass in HKCEE or other relevant accredited qualifications in the People Republic of China or overseas institutions.
- Upon completion of all modules successfully, students will receive “Diploma in Patisserie” from Penasia School of Continuing Education. Award will be received within 3 months.
- Attendance: A minimum attendance of 90% per module is required.
- Web Application Form or reach by person.